You can pay your pledge by giving shares of stock and, in some cases, mutual funds. By donating shares, you often get full contribution credit for the value of the stock and do not have to pay for the capital gains tax on the sale. We recommend that you discuss the tax implications with your financial planner or accountant as you make your decision.

If you do decide to donate stock, please contact the UUFWC office first. You will be put in touch with The Gift Processing Manager at the UUA Office of Stewardship & Development.  They provide a service whereby:

1. They will receive the shares.

2. They will manage the sale of the shares.

3. And finally, they will distribute the cash per your instructions.  

They do not charge a fee for this service, but will gratefully accept whatever you feel is appropriate.