UUs are “doers”. Our focus is on this life rather than the next. And so, a lot goes on in our congregation!
It can be hard to know how to get involved whether you are brand new at the UUFWC or have been around a little longer, only attend Sunday services. All of the information here is organized in a way to help you know where you can just show up and where it might be helpful to contact someone before attending.
Just Show Up To:
- Sunday Service – Just come! Two services at 9:30 and 11:00 am. [June through Labor Day, one service at 10:00 am.]
- Humanist Discussions – Generally meets 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays at 11:00 am.
- Zen Meditation – 7:00 pm, every Monday in the Triple E classroom.
- Yoga – 6:00 pm, most Mondays, small donation is requested.
- Serve on a committee (and there are lots!) – See bulletin board by sound controls with committee chairs’ names and photos
- Share your musical talents during the service – Discuss with Sharon Delgadillo.
- Help with The Madrigal or other events– See upcoming newsletters for details.
- Help the homeless – sign up with other UU’s to ring the Salvation Army Bell at Buehlers in December.
Join a Group:
- Choir – Meets most Wednesdays at 7:00 pm.
- Folk Orchestra – Meets most Wednesdays at 8:15 pm.
- Sunday Evening Book Group – Meets at 7:00 pm on the 3rd Sunday during the school year.
- Afternoon Book Group – Meets at 2:00 pm on the 2nd Thursday during the school year.
- Racial Justice Team – Contact Ruth Sewell or check out their page.
- Earth Centered Group – Meets second Sunday after service.
- And more – See the newsletter for updated offerings.
Attend a Class:
- Watch the newsletter for future class offerings Check out events.
Stay Informed Through:
- Monthly Newsletter – Available at the website, in print, or emailed to you.
- Weekly email – Friday at noon. Sign up here!
- Sunday Announcements
- UUFWC moderated Google group
- Facebook: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Wayne County
Still need help getting involved? Talk to Karen Skubik, our membership coordinator.