You can pay your pledge by giving shares of stock and, in some cases, mutual funds. By donating shares, you often get full contribution credit for the value of the stock and may not have to pay for the capital gains tax on the sale. We recommend that you discuss the tax implications with your financial planner or accountant to help you make your decision.

If you do decide to donate stock, please contact the UUFWC office first. You will be put in touch with a Gift Processing Manager at the UUA Office of Stewardship & Development.  They provide a service whereby:

1. They will receive the shares.

2. They will manage the sale of the shares.

3. And finally, they will distribute the cash per your instructions.  

For more information, check out their website at: It is absolutely essential that they are informed about what’s being sent and the gift’s purpose before the transfer happens – otherwise there can be delays, or even rejection of the transfer.